It’s Labor Day Weekend, the summer tomatoes are still producing in my home garden and I’ve been featuring cocktails all summer here at the Post. The time is right for me to share this recipe for Bloody Mary Salad. It’s choice.
Bloody Mary Salad
- 1 cup cherry or other small tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 small cucumbers, or 1/2 of an English cucumber, diced
- 1 stalk celery, preferably the inner stalk with the leaves, chopped
Prepare all of the above per instructions. Combine in a bowl.
Bloody Mary Vinaigrette
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 c. green olives or, if you prefer, black olives
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or diced finely
- 3 T. sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. EVOO, preferably a light or medium bodied one
- 1 oz. vodka, or leave it out – You’re not going to taste it anyway
- splash of Worcestershire
- splash of Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1/2 t. paprika
- 1/2 t. celery seed
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes
- black pepper and some salt
Combine all. Shake well. Pour over salad when you’re ready to eat.